26 October 2010

Well, it HAS been a year...

I know.  I'm pathetic.  I haven't updated this blog in forever.  I've been horrifically busy and - of course - 92 million other totally lame excuses for not checking in here.

After talking with someone earlier today about an article on winterizing roses and rose hips, it was pointed out that I should write about what to do with the hips - the teas, the oil, the boo-boo juice I put on the kid's scrapes.

Ah, but that's not gardening.  So would go the statement from my editor, I'm sure.  I can't OFFICIALLY write about homemade botanicals or food and I find that odd.  Aren't these two thing intrinsically tied to gardening?  WELL, SURE THEY ARE!!!  If you're growing callendula to make a healing oil, and you're sharing how to get the best and biggest blooms, why isn't it also OK to tell how to make that oil.  (Which is great as a barrier for diaper rash, by the way.)

So - I'm taking to my blog and I'm gonna talk about everything (except politics and religion - I'm kind of offensive when I start ranting about either of those!).

There's so much in this big wide world - Great food, a fun craft here and there - maybe with something you've found or grown in your yard, some silly movie I saw that made me laugh, or even how to make a balm to save your feet from turning into camel claws this winter - Dude - I'm gonna share it. 

Nyah nyah!

1 comment:

Oregon Sue said...

Yea! You go girl! I like it.
xo